Sports are a great way to learn leadership, initiative, cooperation and time management.
Participation in sports reinforces values and builds skills that children can use, not only on the playing fields but in many areas of their lives. So at Swain, every child participates in sports and learns these important skills in a positive, enjoyable experience.
体育投注正规网址It starts in our Beginning School with Creative Movement, and continues with a comprehensive Physical Education program through fourth grade – competitive sports in fifth through eighth grades – a summer sports camp schedule – and various after-school programs for younger athletes. Your child builds skills and self-confidence while learning cooperation and good sportsmanship.
Basic skills for many sports are introduced in the lower grades. By fourth grade, students know how to shoot a basketball, use a lacrosse stick, kick a soccer ball and play field hockey.
体育投注正规网址From fifth – eighth grades, students may join interscholastic teams that hold regular practices and play other schools both at home and away. There are no try outs, and everyone who signs up to play and attends practices can participate. Uniforms and bus transportation to away games are provided.
|Archery||Boys Basketball||Boys Lacrosse|
|Cross Country||Girls Basketball||CrossFit|
|Soccer||Cross Training||Girls Lacrosse|
We also offer an Indoor Field Hockey club experience during the winter months, for an additional fee.
Please click here for directions to our away games.
For more information about Swain's program, please contact Stacey Pugh体育投注正规网址, Director of Athletics, at 610-433-4542.
Philosophy and Goals
Young people learn a great deal from their participation in interscholastic athletics. Lessons in sportsmanship, teamwork, dedication, and perseverance teach our athletes how to develop good habits on and off the playing field. Athletics also play an important role in helping the individual student develop a healthy self-concept as well as a healthy body.
体育投注正规网址The ultimate goals of the Athletic Program are to help the students
- realize the value of participation without overemphasizing the importance of winning or excelling
- develop and improve positive citizenship traits among the participants
- motivate our athletes to see the potential they hold within themselves
The Athletic Department seeks:
- to offer a program in a safe environment, appropriate to age and skill level for all interested students, regardless of ability
- to motivate students to lead active and healthy lives
- to build leadership skills within the framework of team sports
- to encourage teamwork, hard work, and competition in a positive manner
- to inspire athletes to work towards completing a goal
- to expand skills and knowledge gained from the physical education program.