General Resources for Families
体育投注正规网址We will be providing general resources that will help families navigate virtual learning, as well as, the COVID-19 outbreak in general. Please check back for updates and additions.
- NEW as of 4/26/20:
- from our Director of Counseling, Signe Whitson, for what parents & caregivers can do to help kids cope with COVID-19, school closings, event cancellations, and the climate of fear.
- (Source: The ChildMind Institute)
- (Source: National Association of School Psychologists)
- (Social: The Atlantic)
- (Source: NPR)
- If you're looking for ideas to pass the time with kids, this is a great crowd-sourced list
- - several videos and links
- Establish daily routines for engaging in the learning experiences (ex. Wake up at the same time every day as you would if campus was open).
- Identify a productive and quiet space in your home where you can work effectively.
- Regularly monitor your online platforms (School email, Google Classroom, Seesaw) to check for announcements and feedback from teachers.
- Complete assignments with integrity and academic honesty.
- Do your best to meet timelines, commitments, due dates, and class attendance expectations.
- Communicate with teachers if you cannot meet deadlines or require additional support.
- Comply with The Swain School’s expectations and guidelines regarding technology, including expectations for online behavior and etiquette and academic honesty.
Online Learning Agreement